Sunday 8 July 2012

Recipe binder: gingerbread

Today in a mass kitchen session I decided to finally try out the gingerbread recipe I've had lurking in my recipe binder for ages. I've always liked gingerbread as a quick sweet fix and I like having something in the house to nibble on during the week when I want something yummy.



What you need:

  • 250g self raising flour
  • 1 egg
  • 90g butter
  • 2tbsp hot water
  • 2 tsp ground ginger
  • 2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 150g golden syrup
How you make it:
  • Melt butter and syrup together
  • Sift flour, ginger and cinnamon together into a bowl
  • Hollow the centre
  • Pour syrup mixture into the hollow, stirring in the flour from the sides
  • Add the egg and water
  • Mix, adding more water if needed
  • Pour into a lined cake tin
  • Bake in the centre of the oven, gas mark 3/170 degrees Celsius, for one hour
  • Cool for 15 minutes
  • Turn onto cooling rack
  • Cut into chunks and store

No comments:

Post a Comment