Monday 22 October 2012

Recipe binder: vegetable soup

This is another simple recipe I use my slow cooker for (although you could just do it on the hob) when the nights are long and the days are short (and cold)! It's perfect for when you want something filling and warm at the end of the day. Ignore the mark on my place mat in the picture by the way, Bubbah decided to play with his yoghurt and some escaped!



What you need:
Carrots
Peas
Sweetcorn
Potato (1 per person)
Vegetable stock
Plain flour

What you do:
Cube the potato and carrot if not using frozen
Make up approx 400ml vegetable stock
Add all the veg into slow cooker
Pour stock in over the top and mix in
Cook on low for 6 hours


If you need/want to make it thicker, add a bit of plain flour and stir it in. It doesn't change the taste but makes all the difference for thickness!

Serve with crusty bread (and cheese if you wish, I do but that might just be my own preference...)

No comments:

Post a Comment