Monday 3 December 2012

Meal Planning Monday; 3rd December 2012

Hello everybody and hello December! Blimey that's come about quickly, hasn't it?!

The last week has been extremely tiring as Bubbah dealt with his horrid viral infection and the ever impending Nano WriMo deadline. Thankfully both have passed and hopefully the next week will be a bit easier. Bubbah seems to be getting over his viral infection after two weeks of it and is finally back to his normal happy self. I also completed my NaNo WriMo successfully with a grand total of 50,618 words, so cheers all around!

As I type this on a freezing Sunday night I have a discounted Sainsburys' lasagne cooking away while half of my nails are drying in a beautiful sparkly blue (hey, t'is the season and all that jazz) and Bubbah is with hubby at hubby's parents to give me a bit of a rest after several nights that included me staying awake with a screaming baby until 3/4am.

I got a bit of a pick me up when some photos arrived from Pixi Photo we'd had done of Bubbah at the beginning of the month, it was a nice reminder of the fact that he could smile when not horrendously sick.



We managed to stick to last week's meal plan pretty well, with the exception of Friday where I shared a sausage plait with my mum instead of having pizza. I also had some lamb meatballs as opposed to a pasty one nights as they needed using up.

This week it's a bit of a mix between freezer stock and fresh meals...

  • Fish pie while hubby is fasting (he hates the stuff so it's normally my only chance to have fish)
  • Pasta bake (tomato and veg for hubby, cheesy tuna and veg for me with some set aside for Bubbah)
  • Sweet and sticky chicken (honey and soy sauce marinade) with potato, rice or noodles
  • Jackets with spaghetti/beans
  • Pizza
  • More fish pie/tuna bake for me on hubby's other fast day
And that's pretty much it! I'm making some mini cakes for a friend's little boy's first birthday too so there'll be some cake in the cupboards for yummy snacks during the day.

I'm linked up to Mrs M so mosey on over there to have a look at what everyone else is cooking up this week.

5 comments:

  1. MMM that pasta bake sounds nice! Thanks for the idea! may turn up on mine next week! haha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum i like the sound of sweet and sticky chicken - got a good recipe? B

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sweet and sticky chicken sounds fab! Hope bubbah is better now x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely menu. The sweet and sticky marinade sounds fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sweet and sticky chicken sounds lovely. Glad Bubbah is feeling better and congrats on finishing NaNoWriMo ! x

    ReplyDelete