Sunday 20 January 2013

What I Did: the white week

Oh my goodness, all this snow! It's been snowing literally all day here and you can no longer see our garden past the white blanket covering it. But that's not to say we didn't do anything this week!

This week I...


  • braved a two hour separation with Bubbah in crèche at our local sure start centre while I attended a cooking class I'd signed up to. He was fine until I got back and realised I'd been gone while he was distracted with the toys and burst into tears!
  • squeezed in a trip to town and grabbed a few essentials, some non-essentials (books are my weakness) and spent my Next birthday voucher (courtesy of mum)
  • welled up at Bubbah acknowledging me as "mama" for the first time (while gripping my arm with his pudding covered hand)
  • endured a grouchy baby courtesy of teething and a cold
  • was thankful for smiles when they did happen (see below)
  • laughed in amazement as Bubbah worked out that he could use a stand alone toy as a climbing tool and gained access to the sofa(!)
  • had a lovely leisurely lunch with my mum at our local carvery
  • managed to squeeze in the weekly shop before we got snowed in!



And that was my week!

No comments:

Post a Comment