Tuesday 1 October 2013

Recipe binder: butter dumplings

Now I will be honest, before yesterday I hadn't ever had dumplings before. However after seeing them on Jamie Oliver's show the other week I decided to give them a go when I made chicken casserole. And goodness me was it worth it! Making them with butter instead suet makes them a lot lighter. This recipe makes between 6-8 dumplings depending on how big you like them.


Source

What you need
  • 115g self raising flour
  • 55g butter (cold)
  • Cold water
What you do
  • Rub flour and butter together until you have what looks like breadcrumbs
  • Add a small amount of cold water to form a stiffish dough
  • Roll into small balls
  • Boil in salted water or cook on the edge of a simmering casserole/soup for 10-12 minutes
  • Serve immediately

No comments:

Post a Comment