Monday 7 October 2013

Recipe binder: sage stuffing

Years (nearly a whole two decades ago) I swore off onions. Even in stuffing. But I liked stuffing...I just didn't like the onions in it. So my lovely grandma who was already making the stuffing from scratch anyway would always make me my own little dish of stuffing sans onion. My grandma died a few years ago now and I never got the chance to get her recipes from her (she never wrote them down, simply remembering them) but after several attempts I finally managed to recreate it last weekend, allowing me to introduce hubby to the wonders of home made stuffing.

Image taken from BBC good food
What you need


  • 80g breadcrumbs (blitz a slice of bread on high/ice crush mode in a blender for a few seconds)
  • 1 egg
  • 3 or 4 tea spoons of sage (depending on taste)
  • Boiling water
What you do
  • Mix the sage, breadcrumbs and egg together
  • Add boiling water as you would boxed stuffing mix (like Paxo)
  • Cook for 30 minutes in a dish or roll into balls, place on a baking tray and cook for the same time on gas 6

No comments:

Post a Comment