Sunday 24 February 2013

Meal Planning Monday; 25th February 2013

Hello everybody! I swear Monday seems to come round quicker than it did the week before! I think time's going so quickly because we're moving this weekend! Poor old hubby gets dispatched to his parents every weekend this month with about six bags (carrier bags before anyone thinks I/we hoard too much) full of stuff (mostly toys/my baking gear) to store in our new home/area.

Also we had Bubbah's first birthday on Friday so the whole day was spent on him with presents, treat food, helium balloons and bubbles galore! He was thoroughly spoilt and I think some major toy sorting out will be required once we're settled because no child need as many toys as he has!

Bubbah playing with a birthday banner rather than all his new toys!


As with last week's plan we're playing clean out the freezer this week. Our plan is quite simple and quite meaty (courtesy of my past meat stock piling) but hubby has some vegetable bakes to use up as well so I'm sure he'll be fine (he's gone off meat altogether recently) when I'm chomping away on my meals.

This week's plan;


  • Hunters sausage (I added sausage to our hunters chicken the other week to bulk out the sauce and froze what wasn't eaten)
  • Cheesy chicken, bacon and mushroom pasta bake - this went down REALLY well last week and I have bacon scraps and chicken pieces to use up in the freezer
  • Bacon wrapped chicken - again using chicken from the freezer probably with some form of potato
  • Pizza with wedges, onion rings and garlic bread
  • Sausage and chips or toad in the hole depending on how bothered I feel about making up the Yorkshire
Lunches will be mini pizzas, cracked black pepper and sea salt breaded fish (fancy! This is shop bought before anyone thinks I'm a whizz with fish, special offers are a wonderful thing when I'm the only one who likes fish) and bits and bobs of old meals such as bbq pulled pork.

I'll probably make a batch of cupcakes as well to use up the last of the jungle transfers from Bubbah's birthday cupcakes...


As always I'll be linked up to Mrs M so have a nosey over there to see everyone else's plans and have a good week!

9 comments:

  1. That reminds me I was meant to do Hunters Chicken soon....

    BNM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the move!!
    Sounds like a great meal plan :)
    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated first birthday to the little one! A chicken or bacon pasta bake always goes down well at our house too.

    Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum. The cuppies look great, good luck with the baking! Your cheesy chicken bake sounds amazing, do you have the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I make up a cheese sauce and part cook the pasta, cut up some mushrooms and add in chicken/bacon/sausage as wanted then mix it all together in a casserole dish and cook for 25 mins

      Delete
  5. What's hunters chicken ? Sounds interesting.

    Lovely photo - happy belated birthday wishes for your little man.

    Good luck for the move - hope it all goes smoothly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's chicken wrapped in bacon (sometimes but can be done without) cooked in bbq sauce and topped with cheese for the last 5-10 mins. Definitely very yummy!

      Delete
  6. Sounds delicious, the sausage in the hunters chicken sounds great, I'll have to give it a go! Your little one's so cute, glad he had a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving the abundance of chicken, cheese and bacon in this meal plan. My kind of meals! Glad Bubbah had a fun birthday x

    ReplyDelete